Friday, August 19, 2016

A whole new philosophy

So about a week and half ago I got a new coffee maker.  It's a bonavita something or other.  But it's got a thermal carafe.  I'm not a fan of the carafe.  But it's thermal and it doesn't get hot.  Every morning I brew up a pot, pour it in a mug and come downstairs.  I usually finish it within a few minutes and either go back up or just wait till I'm done writing and go up for another.  But today....oh sweet today.  I brought the carafe downstairs with me.  What a genius idea.

And you know what.  There was no mother fucking airstrike to destroy my house and family.  All I did was bring my thermal carafe from my $100 dollar coffee maker downstairs.  And it brews one of the finest pots of coffee I've ever had.

Aleppo.  Do you know Omran?  I'm not going to exploit his picture.  He didn't ask for that.  But you know what?  It's bringing attention to how bad the war is in syria.  And you wonder why people are fleeing?  This is why!  Children are DYING.  And you're sipping coffee out of your damn thermal carafe you piece of shit.  (yes, i'm quite hard on myself). Though I did nothing to cause it, and quite frankly I can't do much/if anything to help.   I can't be depressed that I was born here in america.  All Omran did was be born in the wrong country at the wrong time.

What do you do about it?  I don't know.  Be kind to people.  Be kind to yourself.  Imagine being in this situation with your children.  With your loved ones.  And wanted nothing more to get out!  And you have a presidential candidate that is making a joke of it.  Keep them out!  What a heartless prick.

4 years of conflict.  200,000 plus massacred.  There are lots of places to donate.  I know...put my money where my mouth is.  I just took a 5 minute hiatus to do just that.  Do I feel better?  Yeah.  Cause I did something.  It won't fix it all....but it will at least give the people on the ground a little boost that people over here in america care enough to give.  God damn...i paid more for my coffee maker.  Son of a bitch.  Might as well donate again.  You see how stupid the things you spend money on seem when you see photos like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment