Sunday, May 7, 2017

The things kids say....

Leaving the store this morning with my kids and I'm telling them about my favorite movie.  This move is so fantastic that it's actually called Captain Fantastic.  My kids asked what it was about.  I said it was about a family that has the greatest dad ever who is raising some pretty amazing kids.  My son smiled big, unaware that they had made a movie about us.

Yes.  That's what he told me.  That the movie was about us.

I debated if I should let the kids watch this movie.  It's got some language and its pretty deep.  It's a real movie.  Imagine that.  A real movie with real emotions.

Some would argue that it wouldn't be good to expose kids to that at ages 3 and 5.  I would argue that most people today have no idea what's good or not good for their kids.

So we started watching it.  The beginning is pretty heavy.  The mom of the family dies.  The kids in the movie were sad and crying.  I said it was very sad.  I even teared up a bit.  My kids said they'd be really sad if their mom died.  I said I would be sad too.

It was then my son told me I would be sad if my mom died too.  I agreed.  And then he said that it would probably be soon because my mom is his grandma and grandmas are old.  And when you get old you die.

Yep.  This is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment