Saturday, January 24, 2015

Be a Gator


"Being brave isn't the same as not feeling scared. Being brave is about what you do even when you do feel scared."
— Gator, Tale of the Brave 
Yes.  That is a Thomas the Tank Engine character.  I started praying with my son, Josiah (3), at night.  Often times I will ask him who or what we should pray for.  A few nights ago he said we should pray for Gator.  
Who's Gator?  He's a train from the latest Thomas movie, Tale of the Brave. Gator has overcome some fears in his days as an engine.  Although he still has a slight fear of heights. But Gator is able to teach Percy how to handle fear and to be brave.  In turn it helps many other engines overcome some fears. 

So, back to the prayer.  I felt like I needed to pray for more than just Gator and scrap yard crane.  So I began to pray for the kids at the orphanages we visit.  Many of them struggle with fears and hurts of their own.  It's sometimes hard for us to see them, they are so happy when we are there.  But the reality of the situation strikes.  And I realize they need Gators.  So they can be Gators.  We can be their Gators.  So I began to pray that more and more people become Gators in the lives of children (and adults) that need them.  To help teach that being brave isn't about not being scared, but moving forward in spite of the fears and hurts.  

Be a Gator, and don't afraid to need a Gator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment