Tuesday, February 28, 2017

And I'm back, Life is an open door.

I'll be honest with you.  The habit was hard to break.  I really missed sitting down and posting a blog for the past week.  And I'm really bummed that I'll have a small window of days missing from the post lineup.

I did write while I was away.  But I did a lot of re-reading of some things I had written a long time ago.  I think today all I'll do is post a song I wrote a little over a year ago about my time spent in Haiti.  It's actually performed with Bone, Thugs and Harmony as a major influence.  And what the heck...I might as well let you listen to the rough cut version.  Most likely because it may be a long time before I actually finish it.  So here.  

(Missionary perspective)
And we'll put our feet down
And we'll put our feet down
And we'll put our feet down
As we lay our lives on the ground
We can make all these walls fall down
Put on your tuxes and gowns
We sing love from our lungs and our hearts to our lips
 out of our mouths let's turn this city around.
All across town
We bring the love to our brothers and sisters and  cousins
To the father, the mother , the family, the home.
 Home. Let's bring em all home
Let em feel the love of home
Let's bring them hope from above
Bring Heaven bring love.

Have you ever looked inside the eyes of child and see a world that's coming to be. All the hopes and dreams hiding behind their hurts and fears


(Haitian father/mother perspective)
And I'll put my feet down
on the floor head out the door
to find some work for pay
So my family could eat today
My arms are tired legs drag me down
working my bones to the core
I want to live my life for the crown
But it's hard not to  feel that I work like a whore

I'm going downtown, tryin hard not to frown
but it's hard when you workin with a million others
Makin concrete to keep
holding up the walls of a house
that I'll never have or raise my family in, without living a life in sin

i walk home to a tent with a dirt floor, no door
one bed in a room, what can we do we don't even have a fan, to keep the baby cool.
and yet we live under gods rule
wondering when will we die, why even try?
Every day this is my cry

Have you ever looked inside the eyes of a child and seen a world that's coming to be. All the hopes and dreams.


(Orphan perspective)
And when I see you there standing there in the gate
Way to my soul I have a hope I have a zeal to do so much more than those before
I can lead the least of these
Just follow me and then you'll see
All you've sown through all those years
 all those miles and all those fears
I know you wonder if you'll make a difference
But Just be patient wait with me.
Let me show you the world you've set before us
Life is an open door


No comments:

Post a Comment