Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It's not to late.

I was driving back from dropping food off for my wife at work yesterday evening.  My two kids were in the car.  My 5 year old son told me I shouldn't say "It's to late" as much as I do.  Instead of brushing it off like I normally would, I thought about it.  I do say it a little bit.  And it's usually at the kids after I gave them a decision to make only to have them reverse it a little while after.

Like earlier that day for example.  I offered my 3 year old daughter a piece of frozen dessert.  She refused it, saying she didn't like it.  But she does.  She's had it plenty of times.  On the car ride home she asked for a popsicle and I told her no and reminded her she said she didn't like them.  She said she did now and what did I say....."it's too late."

In reality...it wasn't to late.  It rarely ever is.  Even if they were gone, we could always make more.  My son once again reminded me that it's never to late to reverse a decision (most decisions).

The things we learn from 5 year olds.....

Not at all Donald.  


No comments:

Post a Comment