Sunday, February 12, 2017

Meme and TAO.

Felt like I needed to share a bit of happiness this morning.  I looked up "funniest memes ever" on google.  None of them got me to let out on audible laugh.

Ok...who am I kidding.  I'm writing a short blog today because I hurt my pointer finger on my right hand yesterday and it's wrapped up.  So it won't bend and typing is incredibly annoying.  So here are some memes with a little commentary.

I remember when I was in middle school, we went with the youth group to a summer retreat.  I loved those retreats almost as much as the winter ones.  On year there was a speaker there that offered all us young people all under the age of 18 the opportunity to pray to be put in a situation where God was the only option we had.  That sounded like a lot of fun.  So much fun I prayed that prayer fervently.  I don't know if God exists or works in that way or not.  But it sure seemed like it worked over the next few years.  It was quite possibly one of the biggest regrets of my life.  It would have been so nice to have friends and other adults in my life to talk to about my shit.  Instead I took it as a sign to FROG.  You know, fully rely on God.  So please...don't sit on a cliff.  There are people all around you that care about you and want to see you through.  And I'm pretty sure that God may have put people in your life for a reason.

Seriously though.  That's what Facebook is.  It's a place to speak your mind.  Everyone does it.  Some do it more than others.  Don't take everything so personal.  Sometimes when you say something and someone disagrees with you, they are no longer responding to you.  They are responding the the thing they disagree with.  It's like they've separated the person that said it to the thought that was presented.  I know...that's confusing.  For example.  If someone says how much they hate provolone cheese and I flip my lid wondering how anyone could hate provolone cheese and that it's the best cheese in the world.  I'm not calling you stupid.  The fact that people don't like provolone cheese upsets me because I don't think they've every really gotten to know it the way I have.  So I'm not calling you dumb for not liking it.  Even if it feels that way.

And lastly.  If you've got a kid, you know how this works.  Imagine walking into a bathroom only to discover there is piss in the toilet and you have to poop.  No way you are going to sit down and risk splash back.  You are gonna flush that piss and drop that bomb into clean water.  Same deal with kids and diapers.  They want a nice fresh surface to release the cracken.  

Anyway, I guess that did get a little long.  I hope you guys enjoyed my attempt at a little bit of humor today and can relate to some of the experiences set forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment