Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Daily Dose 1

I love writing.  I love letting my fingers dance on the keyboard not really knowing what's going to come out.  Really.  Sometimes I just set them free and I am often amazed at what comes out.  I want to make a habit of writing every day and sharing what I come up with.

Last night I had a dream that we went to disneyland.  We went on all the rides, we didn't have to wait in line. I drove you to your house where we stared up the stars.  I listened to your heartbeat as I held you in my arms.  Oh wait....that's an Atari's song.  I'm writing this before I've take my Ritalin.  Yes.  I take Ritalin.  It helps me focus.  I started this a month ago and it has improved my daily routine greatly.  By improved, I mean, I actually have a slight resemblence of one now.  

But seriously, last night I had a dream.  My family was living in a house we had just moved into recently.  It was attached to another house, with the same people living as neighbors as we have now.  It was a small house with all kinds of character.  We were having a hard time finding space in this house and I remember some other rooms that we hadn't utilized yet.  As I ventured over to them I realized they were open to the neighbors.  And they had all the neighbors stuff in them.  I had thought those rooms were in our house.  It was so odd.  I had never seen all of their stuff in these rooms and that they had 2 or 3 dogs and various cats.  I had only seen the empty rooms.  Until I walked over into them.  

I'd like to see us all be more like those rooms.   I'm inviting you into mine so you no longer see it as empty.  Sometimes it will be clean, sometimes dirty, sometimes inviting, sometimes not so inviting.  But I want to share what the room has to offer.  I want to share not because I think I'm anything special, but because you are.  And if we'd all just be a little more honest about ourselves, we'll find a lot of other people with similar feelings.  Sometimes someone just saying "me too" makes life a little easier. 

Some of the things I might share will sound like I'm trying to garner some sympathy.  I'm not.  I'm just being honest about how I feel.  

I'll leave it at that for the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment