Sunday, March 12, 2017

Bound and Broken

Yeah.  I slept in again.  Blame it on the time change I guess.  It's 7:11am and still feels like it's 6:11.  It messes with someone.  But seriously though, what's the point of the time change.  We just change it back.  I think it's stupid.  We can do anything at any hour of the day now.  We are not dependent on the light from the sun for that hour over at all.


Anyway.  Here's a song I wrote awhile ago.  It's a rough cut.  As they all are.  Perfectly imperfect.  Just like us all.

It was when I was trying to put into words how depression/anxiety felt.  But until you feel it...it's hard to tell.  I don't like the first few lines...I think I just put them there as filler.  But the last.

I wish there was a hope, 
a wish or a dream that I can manifest.  
To escape this sorry life and run away 
and chase the setting sun until the darkness fades away.

And it's like a trap. 
The lights go out but I can't say goodbye, 
to this dim light that's my life.
Metal chains have me locked up,
bound and broken, crucified to this lie and I can't. 

Breath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment