Sunday, March 19, 2017

Or You Could Actually Do Something

After learning why orphanages full of infants is so quiet, you'll want to hold your own just a little tighter tonight.

I read that blog title.  It didn't take me long to figure out why the quiet.  In all the times I visited orphanages in Haiti, I've hardly ever heard a child cry.  It's quite simple to figure out.  The whole purpose of crying, for any age, is to be heard.  To get some sort of attention.  Well, it doesn't take long for a child in an orphanage to learn that crying doesn't work.  

Nobody is coming. 

I guess the author of this particular blog heard that from a missionary at a christian concert.  Granted, I didn't read the whole blog, maybe the got to the point where they said that instead of just holding your own kids tighter that you can actually do something for those kids in orphanages.   

There are lots of great organizations that do show up to help.  You can sponsor a child.  And while you may not be able to actually go, you can provide for their basic needs.  You can send them gifts.  They'll know someone, somewhere is looking after them.  They'll know someone cares.  

If you want to know how to sponsor a child, let me know.  I can put you in touch with someone who I know personally and works with orphanages in Haiti.  It can cost anywhere from $30-$150 a month depending on the level of care you provide.  

It's worth it.  It's not fair to yourself or to anyone else to expect a few select people to change the world.  If we all work together and each contribute a small amount, great things can be done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment