Thursday, March 9, 2017

Not Much Going On Today

It's like clockwork.  I wake up everyday at about 4:30.  Not with an alarm.  I have to pee.  And then a decision follows.  Stay up or fall back asleep for an hour?  Most days I fall back asleep.  But today I stayed up.

Despite being up for an hour and carousing Facebook, nothing really fancied my interest to write about.

Except for the fact that the Department of Defense spend nearly 300 million dollars since 2011 on erectile dysfunction prescriptions for active, retired and eligible family members of military members.

Members.

Get it?

But seriously.  294 million dollars over the past 6 years.  So men can get a boner.  And to think some people have a problem with birth control being covered under government insurance.

I don't even know where to begin with the financial burden placed on America by lifestyle choices.  I'm not saying it's wrong...but it's not to be ignored.

It seems many people want to pick and choose what they want to foot the bill for.  But how about stuff like Type 2 diabetes that is most often caused and can be controlled by lifestyle choices.  If my sources are accurate, diabetes costs America $245 billion dollars a year.  You can look them up if you'd like.     And that was 2012 and it's only getting worse.

If you have Type 2 or pre-diabetes, don't think I'm faulting you.  I'm not.  But I think many of you are not being given all the information.  Do your own research into how your diet contributes to diabetes.  While I'm not making any claims, I can only speak about stories I've heard.  Here's an article from Men's Health that explains a lot.     

Anyway.  Just putting some stuff out there.





No comments:

Post a Comment