Sunday, May 29, 2016

Flags and Showers.

Does anyone else use the "On this Day" app on facebook?  It's very interesting.  I find myself wanted to resurrect old status updates by commenting on them.  Last year I had written about how I was going to do more natural things.  Less stuff because society tells you that you need it.  Like shoes.  We don't need them as much as we think we do.  I went a good 2 years without wearing any.  But I got sick of all the harassment.  Why can't people mind their own damn business?  I don't fight that fight anymore, I'll just throw on flip flops because I'm sick of arguing with idiots about the legalities of being barefoot.  I also posted something about not using soap anymore.  At least not in the shower. washing hands and stuff is fine.  And I can say that over the past  3 or so years, I still haven't used body wash in the shower.   Only shampoo for my gorgeous locks.  And I use some of that in some other "areas".  

I also posted about the American Flag.  There was a lot of buzz about some people setting it a blaze and trampling on it.  I had some good conversation going about that with some people.  Many weren't to happy about someone practicing their right to freedom of speech.  They were more concerned about the flag then they were about why people were doing that.  Defacing the flag gets attention.  And when no ones listens to your peaceful talk, you do what gets attention.  And then people get mad at you for throwing a fit.  This happens in our own households.  You try and try and try to remain peaceful and when it still doesn't work you yell.  Or you throw or hit something.  

So many other people disrespect the american flag innocently, which I think is worse.  They hang them from bridges, from trees, in their front yard and even on their car.  Only to be tattered and torn by the weather and elements.  In the rain and at night with no light.  What's worse, those that don't have a clue proper flag etiquette, or forcing citizens to resort to burning a flag to get their message of injustice out? 

Lots of people fought and died for your freedom to be an asshole or the nicest person ever.  I wonder if all those we mourn this weekend would be happy that The Donald is our republican presidential candidate.  

In my opinion, if you care about this country.  You will value people over objects.  Instead, many people treat objects as people. And people as objects.   

No comments:

Post a Comment