Saturday, May 28, 2016

Yard Sales

I'm sitting outside this morning after hustling to set up my impromptu yard sale.   My neighbors are having one, so I figured I'd mooch of their signs they placed out on the main road.  I did already sell my loading ramps so I guess it's not a total loss.   And it was to my other neighbor so if I ever need to borrow my loading ramps again, I know who to ask.

And that reminds me of this important lesson on yard sales that I want to present to you today.

I'm just kidding.  I couldn't really think of anything.  But give me a few minutes and I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Lets explore what happens with yard sales.  A household decides that they have way to much stuff so they start to search through all the items they have and try to decide what they could sell versus what they should just throw away.  In the process they (and maybe their kids) find all of these cool things that they forgot they had and fall in love with said item and decide not to sell it.  Or they have to decide to sell the old thing or the new thing they just bought that doesn't have the charms as the old item they just found.  Once the pile is made, they have to decide the date on which to have the sale.

Wait, yard sales on friday and saturday mornings?  Forget that idea.  Lets just put everything in the basement corner.

In 75 years, people won't be excited about barn finds anymore.  It's all about the basement find.

Enjoy your saturday.  If you are in south central pa, summer is upon us.  It went from 40 degrees on monday and now it's 90.  How great is that?  Those two days of spring were wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment