Sunday, May 8, 2016

Shit Covered Kids

Fucking kids.  Seriously.  They can be the greatest things that have ever happened to you.   They can also drive you to the brink of insanity.  And if you don't have your own shit together, they'll steer you right off the edge.  

I might just stay on this topic for a bit.   Our daughter is 2.  She's back into the phase of only wanting mommy when we both are around.  When it's just me around, she's fine.  When it's both of us, it's mommy.  So mommy can't ever get a break.  Unless she leaves.  It frustrates me.  Because she also pushes mommy's buttons too.  And I can't help unless I'm the punishment.  This doesn't help in our relationship.  Daddy becomes the enforcer.  That's not fair for daddy.  I see the woman I love being tormented by our two year old and I can't do anything about it unless I want to risk driving the gap between my daughter and I even deeper, or so it feels.

On the flip side, my son thinks I'm awesome.  We ride bikes together, play on the iPad together and many other things.  This morning he got up at 5:45 with me and wanted to write on his iPad like I get up and write on the computer.  He wrote his name.  But this is MY time.  That's why I wake up early. Next thing you know he wants Hungry Shark on his iPad like his cousin has on his Kindle.  Well, it's my old iPad and it needs 8.0 for it to work.  He's mortified.  Starts crying.  My right brain insists on destroying the iPad over my knee.  There was a time when I would.  I told him it won't work on his iPad.  SO then he said he wants a kindle.  Apparently Bloons HD 5 and tower defense 2 isn't enough fun for my 4 year old.

Happy Mothers Day!  

Parents, get your shit together.  Otherwise you'll just get it all over your own kids.  And nobody wants to be covered in someone else's shit.  Your kids will become little mini you's.  Do you really want that?  Cause they will.  


No comments:

Post a Comment