Tuesday, April 11, 2017

day 3 of 7

About 56 hours in at this point.  Still feeling great physically.  No signs of hunger.  I know I need to drink more water.  I only had about 60oz. yesterday.  I know because I haven't been peeing as much.  Mentally....I had a pretty strong anxiety attack last night.  I say attack, but I battled back pretty fierce. I didn't enjoy it, even if I came out on top.  Well, not like, celebratory victorious like with a parade.  

I'll spare you the details.  But for most people, the situation would seem silly.  But to someone with anxiety, it's not silly at all.  But hey, I made it.  I might share more about what triggered it.  But I can tell you I can trace the source of that anxiety all the way back to.....yep.....childhood.

But back to the fast.  When I was at this event that was causing me so much anxiety all I wanted to do was go home and eat food.  I had good reason.  I was going to get through the night without any major breakdown and eat dinner.  46 hours was a great stopping point.  But I settled for some bone broth that my wife made me.  And dang was it good.  It has a small amount of protein and fat in it.  Not enough to derail my fast.  And from the outset I was going to allow myself some broth along the way.

If you aren't sure about bone broth.... It's super easy to make.  And it's so incredibly beneficial for you.  I highly recommend it.

And that whole good sleep thing.  This is totally true.  I sleep good, but rarely dream.  I had a pretty awesome, but weird dream at the same time.  Very vivid.

Usually around the 40 hour mark is when most people really think about throwing in the towel.  But something pretty amazing happens one you get closer the the third day.

And all along the way, there is a thing called autophagy that you experience.  You often get this through exercise.  But another great way to achieve these benefits is from fasting.  This is the amazing thing.  And it can happen sooner than the third day of a fast.  But honestly, anything longer than a 3 day fast you  should really consult a dietary technician or nutritional therapist.

When I say I eat myself during  fast or long endurance exercise, I'm not joking.  That really happens.

Looking forward to day three of my fast and day two of climbing ladders and working off plans all day.  In the sun.  painting cement board siding.  And feeling great while doing it.

Oh, another thing.  I don't know if it's fasting related.  But I had the option to get sunburnt yesterday or wear my hooded sweatshirt.  I opted for my sweatshirt.  It was probably 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the sun.  And I was able to practice some breathing techniques and keep myself relatively cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment