Friday, April 28, 2017

If you don't have something to say....

I've really been enjoying reading the blogs I wrote last year.  I actually think it's been a tremendous help for me.  Since I posted them to Facebook everyday, they pop up in my "on this day" app that Facebook has.

Some of them were, meh.  But others have really spoken to me.  Some of them I don't even remember that I wrote them.  Some of them I think are really well done.  I am a writer.  A wandering writer perhaps, but a writer none the less.

Even though writing has kept me from engaging certain topics presented on Facebook, I still did on occasion.  But this week there have been several times when I wanted to interject somewhere, but I didn't.   Even though on certain topics I know what I'm talking about, what I was going to say wasn't asked for.  Social media is an interaction. You can start your own topics, sure.  But when responding to someone, many people have a tendency to respond with something other than what the OP asked for.

For example.  In one of my groups someone had asked if they can be a Keto Vegan.  And the answer is....yes.  You can.  It would be more difficult though.

What I really wanted to do is engage in why you wanted to be a vegan, or a vegetarian.  They are two different things.  Two VERY different things.  There are also lots of different reasons why one wants to follow lifestyle habits of either.  That's the conversation I wanted to have.  But that's not what was asked for.  So the conversation never happened.  And at this point in my education I have no business in being a part of that conversation.

At this point in my education?  What's that about? I want to be an expert or at least certified in what I'm talking about.  The internet is full of opinions and untrue facts and I really want to do my part to clean it up.  So this week I enrolled to be a Certified Primal Health Coach. I haven't done school in nearly 15 years.  And even then I wouldn't say I was a shining student.  But this time, I actually want to learn this stuff and learn how to teach/coach effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment