Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day One of the Fast/Baseball

Day One.  I'm 8 hours in at this point.  Yes.  Sleep counts.  8 hours though...no biggie.  I am allowed some heavy cream in my coffee in the mornings.  Fasting doesn't always have to be zero calorie to get the same benefits.  But I try to stay under 300 for the day.

People are often concerned that you are depriving yourself and you suffer when you fast.  Not at all, I actually suffer when I don't fast.  I'm looking forward to the next week.  You learn pretty quick that it's not the hunger or how your body feels that makes you want to eat.  It's the habit.  It's the boredom.  It's just because you think you need to eat.

So last night we had another boys night out.  I took Josiah to the Harrisburg Senators ball game with some friends of ours visiting from Haiti.  It was a lot of fun.  Josiah really enjoyed it.  I'm the guy that has never got anything at a sporting event, not even a t shirt shot into the stands.  I did get hit in the face with a soccer ball at a Hershey Impact game though.

But last night was a first.  I think it was the first time Josiah went to baseball game.  I can't remember, but I think it was.  Well, we got our t-shirt when we arrived.  And then when I was walking outside to get my nephew, I got hit in the shoulder with a t-shirt fired from a compressed air cannon.  And yes, I fought some kids off to get it.  And then we were going to get some peanuts and Josiah "cut" his finger on the handrail. It was such a minor wound but he lost it.  There wasn't even any blood.  Regardless, a band aid would help.  So we went down to guest services for a band aid and the gentleman working there also gave Josiah a signed baseball and an paper showing it was authentic.  However....I couldn't find out who it was.  The name is Bnan Raul?   I have no idea, but it was not on google anywhere.  Either way, it was really nice of them to do that.

So go see a Harrisburg Senators game.  They really do create a cool hometown baseball experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment