Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wasn't Me.

I run.  I cycle.  Often times it's on the road.  I don't mind running on the road since I can see the traffic coming my way.  But cycling.... it's scary.   The amount of people driving around with their head in their phones is ridiculous.

Cycling I don't know what I'm going to do.  I already wear bright clothes.  I enjoy road cycling.  Some say that riding in the road is actually safer because the drivers see you easier.  I don't know.  Then you are betting that 100% of them all see you.  I'll take my chances just to the right of the white line.  But you'd think wide shoulder roads would be safer.  Nope.  That's when assholes who phone and drive think they have a bigger buffer zone should they weave a bit.  And they almost always favor the right side of the road.

The rest of my biking time is in the mountain.  Yes...it's probably a greater risk of getting injured.  But at least it would be by my own doing.  The trees and rocks don't move.

Running isn't as scary.  You can see the cars coming.  And honestly, I've considered carrying a handful of small stones.  If you are on your phone...I throw a rock at your car.  Honestly....I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.  They wouldn't know it was me.  And they probably wouldn't argue, they know they are guilty and they have no proof it was me since they weren't looking.  I will let you know, I've already punched the back end of a car because the driver wasn't paying attention and would have hit me had I not moved.  Yes...I was on a crosswalk.  No, they didn't stop.  Nor did they want to get out and see if I was ok.

But mostly, I stick with sidewalks and trail running.  The Appalachian trail is an absolutely beautiful trail to get miles on.

I just head a friends brother in law got hit head on by someone texting and driving.

Put your God damn phone down.  And that's in context too.  Because I'm pretty sure God would do that to a cell phone if he knew how people used them.

And you can include, GPS, iPod's, fast food......whatever.  Pay attention when you are driving your killing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment