Thursday, January 19, 2017

25% ain't bad

First off...I should not have just created a Bone, Thugs & Harmony radio station on Pandora.  I'm incredibly distracted right now by the incredible sounds of Notorious Thugs.  Typically I listen to the sounds of Volcano Choir, The Oh Hellos, Lord Huron, Bon Iver,  Radical Face, and several others on my Indie Folk Revival Pandora station.  It's easier just to listen to that in the background.

Secondly, when you go in public today, remember that only 1 out of every 4 registers voters voted for Trump.  So basically just about 25% of Americans.

Also, the same percentage of people voted in the 2016 as they did in the 2012 election.  Roughly 55%.

So 3 out of 4 registered voters either don't care that Trump is president or voted against Trump.

I wonder how that feels for the President that is Donald Trump.  I don't think it's a shocker to him.  But I wonder what he feels knowing that 75% of of voters either don't care he's in office or oppose him.

I'm curious to see what the next 4 years brings.  Ironically...Gangsta's Paradise just came on.

I started listening to a new podcast yesterday with Adam Carolla.  It's called Car Cast.  He was talking about how comfortable our lives are.  That we even have things like pajamas that double as blankets and inflatable penis's.   So he's decided to do things that force him to be uncomfortable.  Like do cold water immersion.  Must be rough, walking out your backdoor to the pool.  Maybe you should try driving to a lake or pond and jump in even colder water.  In one of your million dollar cars.

I'm not ripping Carolla, I actually think he has a great point.  Our fight, flight, or freeze response rarely gets activated.  Most of us have no idea what being uncomfortable really is.  Even those of US that struggle with various things, we have lots of access to healthcare and other coping mechanisms.

Anyway....I don't really have a point.  I'm just saying that we maybe out to force ourselves at times to be a little more uncomfortable.  Start taking away some things, do some fasting of sorts.  Just to be prepared.  Just in case....

Do you think you could survive without the internet?  Seriously. Try it for an hour and see how you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment