Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Power of the W

I don't know how many times I've heard someone say I have a lot of will power.  Especially when it comes to dieting and losing weight.  Yes, that's the first W power.  I hate that.  I don't have will power.  If I had will power I wouldn't have had to gain and lose 30 pounds on 4 different occasions over the past 10 years.  Will power has nothing to do with it.  Will power comes into play when your back is against the wall and the outcome could be a disaster if you don't do something.  That's Will.  

I have a fair amount of want power.  The power you get when you want to do something.  When you want to accomplish something.  Want power is pretty good to have.  You get stuff done.  Lot's of people have want power.  

But so many people give to much energy to their other W power.  Won't Power.  Won't power isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It's just the power that says you won't do something.  

But there is one more W word that you need if you want to maintain a lasting result or effort for anything you do.  One big takeaway I had from Amway was a phrase, and it's not Amway specific.  "Don't worry about the how.  As long as you know why you are doing something, the how will take care of itself."  That's right....it's your Why power.  This will give you great strength.  If you don't have a big Why, your will, want and won't don't really put their own....weight.  

When you have a solid "why", will, want and won't work really well together.  You know what you want, you know what you don't want, and the why gives life to the will.  

Well.  That's where....totally kidding.  I'm not going to keep coming up with W words.  Word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment