Thursday, January 5, 2017

Just End It, or Don't.

Don't get all alarmed or anything.  But you know....these are my thoughts.  I can't escape them.

Ever since the possibility of a Trump presidency arose, I wondered what America would look like.  And no, it's not just Trump.  But any change to the America we live in.   Like what if another country invaded us like in Red Dawn.  Or times got really tough.  Like a huge war or another Great Depression.  Or if we have a civil war and entire towns and cities get destroyed, kinda like what's happening right now in Aleppo.

I wonder what I'd do. How would I respond?  Would I be strong enough?  Would I want to kill another human if it came down to it to extend my life and the lives of others a few more years?

Or....would I just commit suicide?  Or form a group and consider mass suicide.  Seriously though, if things got really bad, who cares?   Easy now...this is a hypothetical.  I imagine lots of soldiers reading this calling me a selfish pussy with no backbone unwilling to fight for the future of America.  Relax.  Hear this imaginary situation out.....Fighting back against a threat is in the very fiber of my being.  Even if I'm the threat.

If our country got to where to that point, how do we know any type of fighting or pushback would change anything in the future?  We wouldn't.  If wars and fighting worked, how much more have to happen till there isn't any?  Till someone stops fighting back.  Forever.  There will always be fighting and wars.

Wait..this isn't a pro/against war blog.  This is about would suicide be a fair approach?  I say if you really have nothing to live for and the future doesn't look good, I'm not going to force you to stay alive.  

But during a conversation I was having with someone two days ago, he asked about the potentials for all the things that would happen in the future.   If you are afraid of dying because of all the things you'll miss out on, what are you waiting for?  Why are you not doing them now?  We only have this one life (as far as anyone knows).  If you aren't doing things now that truly make you happy, or have a goal to get to that point.....what are you doing?



No comments:

Post a Comment