Thursday, June 2, 2016

God doesn't have a Gender and why you shouldn't wake up early to work out

No, really.  God doesn't have a gender.  God is not a he.  Or a she.  God may be fatherly to you, but stop calling God father or mother or he or she.  If anyone could call God father, it would be Jesus.  But God is God.  If God exists, God is a supreme being.  Not something with a penis or vagina.

And about that penis or vagina.  Do you think that's what God see's when looking at you?  Like when two dudes fall in love and raise a child or children, whether adopted or from a surrogate.  Do you think God looks at his creation and says..."you guys are doing in wrong.  I see two penis's. This loving relationship was not my plan for you, it's gonna have to stop."  Do you really think that?  I don't.  Not anymore.  Especially when so many hetero couples have awful relationships and "stay together for the kids".  I happen to think that is so much more damaging.  Just get a divorce.  Show your kids how special they are by treating each other civil and as friends.  Then they will have two sets of parents!  Especially parents that love each other!  Not fighting and nagging ones.   Especially if you've no hope of resolve.

And about getting up early to work out.  I hear people say this all the time.  I'm going to get up early and start working out!  I was one that tried that.  It lasted about negative 2 days.  For one thing, if you don't like getting up early you are going to hate working out.  Working out is causing you to give up something you love, like an extra hour of sleep.  Secondly, if you don't like working out, you will grow to resent waking up early.  So work out at some point that already fits your schedule.  Carve out another time of day that works for you.

2 and a half months ago I decided to get up at 5:30 every day and write.  I haven't missed a day since.  Even when traveling and in Haiti.  Why?  Because I like writing.  I even like getting up early.  It works for me.  But if I had to get up and work out....not a chance.

Would it be possible to grow into the habit?  Sure.  But it's probably very rare, unless you are very sick of where you are physically and need to change.  I can think of easier things then getting up early to start that process though.  Like not eating so much food.

The biggest thing is to find a habit that works for you.  Find a change you can work with the get the mo going.

No comments:

Post a Comment