Monday, June 13, 2016

Spiderman Crocs with curls effects you not. Let it alone.

First off, my title will suck for this one.  Second.  I'm going to nail two things.

A few weeks ago my son got spiderman crocs.  They are hideous.  They are huge.  They are clunky.  They are just not cool shoes at all.  So I would appreciate everyone saying to this kid wearing these crocs that they are cool shoes.  If you do, I will buy a pair in your size and expect you to wear them.  They are anything but cool shoes.  Stop lying to him.  He likes them, that's all that matters.  Just like me, I will wear whatever I want on my feet.  You don't need to comment.  Thanks.

My son also got a haircut a few days ago.  I was told that when he was at church one of his teachers was mortified that his curls were gone.  Albeit, she wasn't really mortified she just really liked his curls.  Hey, he doesn't style his hair for you.  So keep your opinions to yourself.  How about just noticing his haircut?

In both of these, they happen all the time.  It's implied that our opinion matters of what someone else does or doesn't do.  If they ask for it, share it.  If you want to inquire or comment, do that.  Ask when they got said haircut or shoes.  Ask if they like it.  Ask what they like or don't like about their new style.  Take some time and learn about the other person.  It doesn't have to be about you.  We need to stop acting like what other people do has a direct effect on us.  Sure, sometimes it does.  But when it comes to someone else style, it really doesn't.

Which brings me to my next point.

Christians, why does it still matter to you if gay is a sin?  Are you still going to need some time to process it all?   Does two dudes marrying each other really effect your life in any way or not?  While you are making everything about how you feel about it, over 100 people were gunned down in a night club. It was an act of hate.  It was an act of terror.  This "gay" night club was the intended target for being just that, a gay night club.

Well Christian, that cares so much if it's a sin or not.  I was the gay hater.  I used to assume and vocalize that they are an abomination and will burn in hell.  That was me.  But then I started praying for the opportunity to evangelize to that community and they would have open hearts to hear the message of the gospel.  Guess what?  Through that, my eyes were opened.   I was the one that heard the gospel.  I'm sorry about who I was and how I acted.  Now I have several lesbian, gay and transgender friends and I love them dearly.  And many of them look more like Christ then some my christian friends.

Even if you are a christian and you think it's sinful.  Until I hear you posting on Facebook how much you sin, because you do, every day.  Until I hear about you calling out all the sin inside your church.  Until I hear you talking about the sins of your friends and family, publicly.  Until you publicly share all your own sin, Shut up.  Nobody wants your hurtful hypocrite opinion.  Sorry I'm so hard on your christian people.  But I was one.  Still am, kinda.  I just experience Jesus a little different now.  When you get to meet Jesus, do you think he'll commend you for taking a stand on sinful behavior?  Or do you think he'll be pissed that you didn't love people?  He already took care of that sin thing, so you trying to do the same is like a slap and spit in the face to Jesus.

What would Jesus do?  He would love and embrace those that are hurting.  He wouldn't see sin, he beat it already didn't he?  DIDN'T HE?  So when people are hurting and broken, all they need to feel is love.  Jesus died and rose to defeat sin so you wouldn't have to worry about it.  Love Him, Love people.  That is all.

100 families need to feel loved right now.  Families all across the country and world need to feel loved right now.  Loved ones are lost day in and day out.  It's times like these that I could do more for those effected.  But I guess that's kinda what I'm doing.

I'm going to take the tweet popularized by texas governor.   He got backlash by it, as he should.  I don't know this governor, but when I read the quote I imagined he was speaking to the shooter.  Learning about the governor and his track record this wasn't the case.  Whether he intended it to be evil or not, I'll take it and make it good.  And I'm going to speak to the shooter, the hateful christians, the hateful anyones..."Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked.  A man reaps what he sows."  When you hate, when you are evil, and when you claim all these things in Gods name when in fact you are not god, you will reap what you sow.

Grace and peace to all those families who have lost loved ones. My heart mourns with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment