Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Why not nutritional health too?

I'm not going to lie, I may be that guy when it comes to what you eat now.  For so long I didn't understand how the foods you ate effected you.  I didn't know how your body burned fuel.  Let me make it simple.  Carbs are carbs.  Whether it's from fruit or bread.  It's still a carb when it comes to fuel.   Your body will use carbs first.  Then it will use protein.  And then lastly fat.  If you don't ever use all your fuel from carbs, it will be stored as fat.  And if you continue to eat carbs, you'll most likely never burn your stored fat.  Unless you are some super freak athlete.

I never knew that.  I just figured if I wanted to lose weight I'd just eat fruits and veggies and exercise my ass off.  And guess what?  That worked.  For me.  It may not work for you.  However, last summer I ran a ridiculous amount of miles every week.  Maybe around 25-40 miles a week. With many 18-25 mile runs on the weekends.  And I didn't lose a pound.  Well, maybe it fluctuated.  But I couldn't lose anything based on exercise alone.  Weight loss HAS to start in the kitchen.  And many of those times when I ran, I felt like absolute crap afterwards.  Unless I ate something.

Enter last week.  I had 3 slices of bacon and 3 chicken wings on wednesday, 6 wings and a hot dog on thursday, 2 eggs, 4 bacon, a hot dog and some nuts friday, 2 sausages and some veggies on saturday.  So not much at all.  I felt amazing all week.  No hunger...No fatigue....No brain fog....Hello Fat adaptation.  After 6 weeks of eating keto I finally began making huge ketones and burning my own body fat!  It feels incredible.  I wanted to test it.  So sunday I got up and went on an 8.5 mile mountain bike ride totally in a fasted state.  Came home, made lunch for my family.  Then I went on a 6 mile road ride, still fasted.  Had 8 oz. of chicken and some cheese.  We were at a picnic, I might as well.  Then I rode 12 miles home into the wind.  And didn't eat afterwards.  And I felt great.  I love eating my own fat.

Is it worth it giving up carbs?  YES.  You do NOT need carbs.  SHOW ME THE SCIENCE!!!!  You won't find it.

Which leads me to this question.  Where do you learn about nutrition from?  Where do you acquire your knowledge of what is good for you and not?   Who taught you about what foods to eat and do you know where  they learned it?  And how old is that information?

I encourage you to do your own research on how the food pyramid came to be.  Look up the science behind what foods are good for you.  Or even just ok for you.

Guess what?  It's never going to be a one size fits all.  Everyones bodies are different.  So you will have to actually do a little work on what to eat and how much or little.

If you want a lifestyle change and learn how to finally get rid of your fat stores that you can't lose no matter how much you work?  Look at your food intake.  Chances are you have way to many carbs.

I didn't want to write this much again about keto.  But whatever.  It's awesome.  Oh...i don't really eat that much bacon...it's just easy to make funny comments with bacon.  And people associate too much bacon with not good for you.  LIES!!!!! It's only bad if you eat carbs too.


No comments:

Post a Comment