Monday, September 5, 2016

Do people even think?

I wonder.  People can be really stupid.  Insanely stupid.

Let me explain.  Last year I ran a lot on the Appalachian Trail.  There were no stupid people on the trail.  When I would some running on the road, I would see a ridiculous amount of people with their heads down looking at their phones.  Listen....when all I see is your eyelids, you aren't being discreet. You're gonna kill someone.  When you run, you see the cars coming ahead of you and can adjust your path accordingly.

This year I've been more prone to cycle.  I do mountain biking.  I haven't seen a single stupid person mountain biking.  Except for the ones that don't wear helmets.  OH wait...I don't see that.  Except for me that one time when I forgot.  The other time, I rode a mile back to the car to get it.  When I ride on the road, it' much scarier then mountain biking.  *I know this will come as a shock to many of you, but you are supposed to ride your bicycle with the direction of traffic.*  If you get on a bike.  Learn the rules of the road.  OH, and put on a damn helmet.  Stop at red lights.  Stop (ok, or use really good judgement) at all stop signs.  I come to as much of a stop as any car out there on the road at stop signs.

But lets get to the drivers....I still see you with your heads down.  I see it in the way you control your car on the road.  If I ever catch up to you and find you, I will destroy your phone.  You see, you think it's ok.  But on the right side of the road, there are people legally using it.  And you favor the right side when you are on your phone.  You will kill someone.  Let me repeat that.  YOU WILL KILL SOMEONE.   On my 60 mile jaunt on the road bike, I only had one car that didn't see me and was ridiculously close.  The bumper sticker had a christian quote on it... "Are you prepared for eternity?" How ironic.

Oh...and lets talk about the walkers.  Do you know how many people are just walking down a busy road with their heads down stuck to their phones?  Many.  That's more than one and less than all of them.

There are people all around you.  If you aren't paying attention, you could kill someone or you could die.  Slow down, put your phone down, and keep you eyes and mind on the task at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment