Friday, November 18, 2016

I make music too.

It's kind of an abnormal morning.  I woke up at 4:30.  No reason.  There isn't a blog on the forefront of my mind.  Nothing I had to get out of bed for.  But I did anyway.  Made some coffee and came downstairs.  Caroused on Facebook and nothing really jumped out at me.  But for whatever reason I ended up over on soundcloud.  

Two summers ago, in 2015, I went to the Wild Goose Festival in Hot Springs NC.   This was where I got my "Trust the River"tattoo idea.  This eventually became a full sleeve.  Maybe I'll do a weeklong series about the significance of all my tattoos.  I've written about them in the past, but never all together.  At Wild Goose I had several "experiences".  I meditated for the first time.  It was incredible.  I met so many great people.  It was one of the most  authentic "christian" festivals I have ever been to.  I had one gentleman suggest I follow the thing that brought me peace.  At the time the only thing I could think about was the thing that's been with me through the most.  Music.  

On the way home is when we/I decided to turn our garage into a studio of sorts.  We didn't use it for a car and it was mostly just a place to put stuff.  So over the next few weeks we replaced the insulation, added a wall, put up a drop ceiling and did some painting.  Voila.  Studio.  If anyone want's a garage again, all you need is to take down the wall.  

It's become my oasis.  It's very simple.  A microphone, computer, rokit 6's, Logic Pro X, and you have yourself a music making mecca.  It's not a man cave.  But for all of last winter, I pretty much hibernated down here.  So many songs came out of our basement.  Are they good?  Fuck yes they are good.  But I'm not in it to make them great.  Or maybe I should.  All I did was sit down at the computer and create.  My goal was never make money off of music.  

You can listen to some of them here.  I'll probably end up putting more on there later. 

Anyway...I just found some songs I made.  I'm getting the feels.  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment