Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Couple things about Church and stuff

It's no mystery that I don't go to a "church" anymore.  At this point I wouldn't even consider one my church "home".  I have one that I would go to if I went.  But I don't go.  For a while though, I was pretty bitter with churches.  Still am to some extent.  But not nearly as much as I had been.  Yesterday, a friend had visited me at work and we chatted.  I was happy to hear there is one program being offered at the church I would attend, should I go.  He wasn't offering it to me, just remarking on it.

It's a 9 month course...the same time as a human gestation period. I can't even remember what it was called.  But it reminded me of what I've been doing for myself over the past year.  It's about finding your true self.  Who you really are.  Dropping all the old baggage that you've been carrying with you for your life.  Baggage that others handed to you and said to hold it and it became yours.   Things that formed how you viewed yourself and how you viewed others.   And you need to drop it.  But unless you know how to do it, you can't.  I guess this course teaches you how to be you.   And it take about 9 months to complete....the amount of time for a human to fully form.  Pretty cool.  I know I did a poor job describing what the course actually is, I'm sure.  But it mirrored exactly how I felt about the journey I went on myself.  I can get behind something like that.  My journey led me away from typical church, and that is ok.  Church doesn't define your status on the road of faith.

Even if I still don't like church, and could find many things that drive me batty.  I don't mind saying that The Meeting House in Carlisle would be a great place to go.  Despite all my disagreements with some things.  I think the heart of the staff and people is caring.

Anyway.  I'm still not going to go.  I'm finally feeling healthy and happy and that all started when I stopped going to church, as well as started a number of other processes to help figure out my life.  So why would I go back?









No comments:

Post a Comment