Sunday, July 24, 2016

Movies Suck.

First thing...I think we are seeing a shift in entertainment.  No longer are people excited about movies.  It's the miniseries that people are in love with now.  The Walking Dead, Lost, and all those other ones.  You can tell how in the loop I am since those are the only two I can think of.  And it's also shows like the dancing one and the singing one too.  SYTYCD or American Idol or whatever.  But a two hour movie?  No thanks.  UNLESS, you know there is a sequel or 5.

Whatever.  I just think that's the current trend.  I got bored with Agents of Shield.  The Flash is cool, but I could live without it.  Longmire is pretty good, as well as the Arrow.  Personally, I can't wait for season six of Hawaii five-0 to come out on netflix.  That's probably my favorite.

So, Movies.  We watched London has Fallen last night.  It was entertaining and over the top for sure.  But was it over the top?  It was a terrorist attack.  People were killed.  Lots of them.  Just like what happens everyday.  I'm not sure what get me all flustered about it.  The fact that it happens everyday and I'm relatively unaware of it, or that I just paid 6 dollars to rent it for 24 hours in HD for my viewing pleasure in the comfort of my own home.   And that we, as a society, watch these very real movies for some people as a form of entertainment.

That doesn't sit well with me. Because it is entertaining.  That being said...I think there is a shift to more fantasy movies.  The new Star Wars, superhero movies....so it's not realistic.

But anyway....I didn't really enjoy London Has Fallen.  While the movie was made up...the stuff that happens is real.  Drone bombings killing innocent civilians, terrorist attacks killing innocent civilians, illegal arms dealing, and many other realities that people face.  Granted, the civilian death by drone percentage is at or under 10%, those were still innocent people.  I don't want to get into the right and wrong of all of this.  But it doesn't sit well with me.

And this is our entertainment.  Making millions upon millions of dollars.


No comments:

Post a Comment