Friday, July 22, 2016

Maybe I Do Get Angry.

I do still get angry.  I just learned that the band that I so enjoy that writes praise and worship music as well as music full of raw emotion got booted from the Creation Northwest Festival.   They are like the David of music.  They actually write whats on their hearts.  The good and the bad.  Probably one of the most authentic "Christian bands".  But they got booted.  They were even on creation posters.  And yes....because they said FUCKING in a prayer.  They were talking about life without God and referred to it as "FUCKING VIOLENT".   Creation fest...you will do so much more for giving Christianity a bad name than Kings K would ever do.  Oh wait...you already did.   You brood of vipers Jesus would call you. In fact, Kings K has helped me in my own journey of faith.  I was about to walk away, but they gave a voice to the emotions I was feeling.

Creation....I can't say I'm disappointed.  I wasn't going to go anyway.  I haven't been to creation since we set a lazy boy chair on fire in the middle of 75,000 people.  And when we shot water balloons from our campsite into all the other campsites via a giant slingshot.  Oh...we could have killed people with both these actions.  And guess who gave a fuck?  Not one person.  Thick billows of black smoke and flame...all someone did was check on us.  No cease fire.   The water balloons easily were shot over 100 yards.  The velocity could inflict serious pain.  We were standing on the top of a school bus doing it.

And you guys are worried about a word.  You should worry about THE Word.

At what cost?  If you gain one but lose one....somethings wrong.  And it's not found in the person that left.  Jesus wouldn't have that attitude.

I don't know what bothers me more.  That Kings K got the boot.  A band with a huge heart for Jesus and the Gospel.  Or the hundreds of thousands of "Christians"  that don't care.  Just give me music and camping and the experience.  That they'd drop a band for being honest and vulnerable.  They can make their own decisions for sure....but these decisions to pick and choose.....christianity is losing it's own.  And I'm afraid not in the good way you think.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another foul mouth so called christian complaining because Christians are calling out FILTH done in his name. Go and get drunk and I am sure you will get a girl pregnant and force her to have an abortion.

    ReplyDelete