Sunday, July 17, 2016

True Character revealed and a Keto Update

When I see articles or posts on Facebook that are a little to extreme for what I'd like to put outside of blog format but I like the message, i'll like it.  I know this shows up in others peoples feeds so they know I approve of said message.   I also see what other people "like".  And quite honestly, some of it is disgusting.  It often reeks of the things you want to say, but don't.  Just like what I do.  But when I see a little thing pop up by an "assault truck" meme.  Calling for a ban on assault trucks, and hideous distasteful jokes about 84 people dying and 100 people being injured......sickening.   And you like that.  You might as well be the driver.  What kind of special sick and twisted are you?  I see this also about racism posts and what not.

Ok...a little bit lighter.  Keto update.  I'm down over 30 lbs as of this morning.  from 220+ to 187.4 this morning.  Last night my wife and I had a date night.  I've cut 99% of alcohol from my diet.  Before keto I was drinking a lot.  Not alcoholic type drinking, but sitting down at night and having at least two drinks.  And I was able to have a few drinks last night with no ill effects to my diet.  No buzz food was allowed.  

Also yesterday, we took the kids on an 8.5 mile bike ride on a rail trail.  I pulled one of them halfway and both of them the other half.  That afternoon, I rode my roadie 30 miles in under 2 hours.  Fueled by a piece of cheese eaten at 7am and a 1/2 cup of chicken at noon.  Wait?  What?  That's not enough carbs or calories to do that!  No...it's not.  But I don't need carbs or calories when I've made fat my bitch and ketones are running rampant in my body.  The way the energy comes to you is absolutely incredible.  And then coming home date night, still not eating and having a couple drinks.  And still not eating, Even now.  No, I'm not sick.  My brain is not foggy.  I'm not sluggish.  This.  Is.  KETO! I'm looking forward to a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and sausage.

Eating for Optimal Ketogenic Living is not that hard to do.  And once your body becomes fat adapted and is good at using all your fat stores and is producing ketones for energy you will love how you feel.  If you are  in need of a serious eating habit change and what to feel better mentally and lose weight, consider Keto.  It's essentially a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet.  IT IS NOT ATKINS.   You eat fat to satiety, enough protein to maintain muscles and under 20g of carbs a day.  INCLUDING carbs from fruit.  That is natures candy.   This isn't the only diet that will work.  But I've done about 4 other diets and have lost over 100 lbs using all of them.   But this is the only one I have found that will work for me even if I didn't exercise.  

For you science people...here you go. http://www.nature.com/.../v67/n8/full/ejcn2013116a.html

No comments:

Post a Comment