Monday, August 22, 2016

Did he really just say that?

THAT.  Yes I did.


THAT.  I said that again.


I got up earlier today than usual.  But I spent some much time on Facebook interacting with friends.  Yes.  Social media and technology is a different way of interacting.

You see so many memes with people on their phones at the dinner table or eating breakfast.  Like this is some sort of bad thing.  But how many times 20 years ago were everyones head shoved in a newspaper, magazine or even the kids reading the cereal box.  

See what I mean?  People read newspapers and magazines.  Head down, ignoring the world.  Or maybe you forgot.  And that was only a one sided conversation.  At least now, someone on their phone can actually communicate with whatever or whomever they are interacting with.  Whether it's responding to an article, blogging about that article or texting to a friend.

And at home...parents did this to their kids too.  They sat on the couch and read the paper while the kids played.

And that's all for the day.  Duty calls.  I'm going to make some killer pancakes for my wife.  Peace out Y'all.  Pick your head up and say hi to someone close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment