Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I do this every day.

Why do you read it?

I've been thinking about that a lot.

I can only imagine....

What's Jon writing about this morning?

What's on Jon's mind this morning?

What's Jon feeling like this morning?

What's red and bad for your face?

A brick.

What current event is Jon going to give his perspective on this morning?

What think about Christianity is Jon pissed about this morning?

What can I disagree with about Jon this morning?

What can I learn from Jon this morning?

What can I teach Jon this morning?

I do this with my coffee mug
Every time I open the lid 
Why do I write every morning? 

Why do I post it on Facebook? 

Do people even care?

Why would people want to read what you write?

I know how many people read this, why don't more people click the "like" button?

Should I ask them to hit the "like"button?

No.  If they like it, they'll hit the like button? 

Keep this thing a grass roots effort. 

Why do you write every morning? 

Do you have any long term goals here? 

If you want to get better at writing, you'll have to do some more work besides writing. 

You're not that good of a writer.  

But damn, son.  That brain of yours doesn't stop.  

Why did the blog you titled, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours" get the most reads? 

Do you even remember what it was about?  

Do you even remember what you wrote about this morning?  (seriously...sometimes I don't)


I do this as much for you as I do for me.  It started with getting my head cleared out at the beginning of every morning.  And it worked.  It's helped.  Then sometimes it feels like I have to put something out just to keep those that read it happy. I know many said I've become part of their daily routine.  Cool.  I think.  You know what I really want....I want people to find the thing that makes them come alive.  The thing they can do that picks them up off the floor and move.  And share that with the world.  We need more people doing the things that brings them joy, and sharing it. 

What I really want...is to hear your story.  Seriously.  That's why this blog is called Stories of Secrets. Do you have something you want to get off your chest?  Something that you'd love to share with the world?  Just to know that someone else knows?  It can be anonymous.  But I'd love to be the vehicle that puts it out there.  If it gives you some sort of relief knowing you don't have to keep a secret anymore.  I'll know who you are...unless you have a way of getting it to me anonymously.  Send something to my Facebook inbox...."for a friend".  







No comments:

Post a Comment