Sunday, August 7, 2016

Well, Screw You.

Took the kids to the South Mountain Fair last night in Biglerville, Pa last evening.  It was nice!  My sister and her family came along as well as my mom.  We hadn't been there before, and thought it looked entertaining.  Despite the fact that the Huntsdale Fair was also the same night.  Nothing personal Huntsdale.  There were some animals there, a livestock auction, tractor show and several vendors selling farm and outdoor items.  Lots of food vendors, games and about 10 mostly for kids rides and activities.

(Side note, The Express is on tv this morning and I'm getting distracted.  Football season is right around the corner.)

Anyway, it was a great evening.  We were about ready to grab some food and hit the road home.  It was getting a little later, around 6:45.  The kids were hungry.  They wanted chicken fingers and fries. I was 24 hours into a 36 hour fast and wasn't going to eat anything.  We went up to a stand and I asked for an order of chicken fingers and medium fries.  The guy said small or large...oh, I didn't know those were my two choices....I said small.  The menu was hard to read on the clear glass window with the lettering in red.  The guy on the grill started to mention if I got.....and the man fulfilling my order cut him off.  He tried again....man getting order cut him off, says he doesn't give deals.  I inquired further.  I asked if the man on the grill was trying to let me know of a special that I hadn't seen and the other man wouldn't tell me.  Grill man shrugged his shoulders, apparently having overstepped his bounds.  Order man said it was too late, I already ordered.

Bad move order man.  I told him to keep his food, he just lost his entire sale.  I told him that was a horrible way to run a business and called him a jerk.  Cause he was acting like one.  I was able to convinvce the crying kids that we would still get chicken fingers, just from sheetz instead of here.   And then we got them pretty blue democratic committee balloons and they were happy.

The good part about the new me.  I was able to express my frustration.  Then forget about it.  No need to let it ruin the night.  But, I was NOT going to give them my business.

Have a nice day everyone.  Don't be a jerk.  If you have something to offer, give it freely.  Smiles are huge.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment