Sunday, October 16, 2016

Glad I Stayed

I mentioned yesterday that I was at a Men's retreat.  And that morning I wanted to go home.  Not for any specific reason.  I think I know why that is.  Maybe.  I had no idea what to expect here.  At home I know exactly what to expect.  And that gave me some sort of control over my environment.

But anyway, I stayed.  And I'm glad I did.  This is unlike any other retreat I've been too.   And oh...we're men.  There's a community bathroom.  We are in a bunkhouse.  And I've never hear anything like the deplorable "locker room" talk that Trump speaks of.

I was able to share a little bit about where my heads at in regards to what I believe about Jesus, God and the church.  And I found many said....me too.  With their own unique story.

I was able to ask a lot of my questions and share frustrations with christianity and the church and got some answers.  And some answers to how I've been feeling.

I learned that you don't have to go to a "retreat" and come away with a spiritual high.  That the goal of this retreat was literally....to relax.  For men with young children, families and a job, this is much needed.   I didn't want a spiritual high.  I don't need a spiritual high.

I learned some helpful ways to maintain a state of order in my life.  And ways to find rest and relaxation throughout the day.

I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment