Saturday, October 1, 2016

Don't read this one....for real.

For the past week or two I haven't wanted to write anything.  I just wanted to put down a sentence or two.  Even this one, all I wanted to do is write "Why didn't you listen?" and let it alone.

But I realized I could totally expand on that.  Because if you are here, you are obviously reading this. Even after in the title I told you not to read this one.  I posted it on Facebook and told you not to read this one either. But here you are.  You nosy little pervert.  There is no privacy on the internet.  Or even more...I won't even know if you read this.  I will only know how many people read this.  And you'd never have to own it.

Everyone dies.  Every single one of us.  No one says it's when we are old.  Sure, the average age of death is what? 78?  I have no idea.  85?  I don't know.  But young people die all the time.  It happens. It should not shock anybody.  We get sick.  We get a disease.  Death is just as much a part of life as life is.

That being said....it's sad for many people.  Especially if it's something that comes fast.  That commercial about life coming at you fast....they are full of shit.  Death comes at you faster.  You can handle life....you can't always handle death.

What if someone close to you dies?   I can only imagine.

What if you lose a child?  I can only imagine.

No one really teaches how to handle the death of one that's close to you until after that person is gone.  Maybe it's because we don't want to believe that it will ever happen to us.  Is it possible to love someone dearly but not have their death be the death of you?


No comments:

Post a Comment