Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Bonus Material Just because Joyce Meyer

Do I think Joyce Meyer has good intentions.  Sure.  Do I think she really thinks about her message?  No.  Or maybe she does, for a specific audience.   But for me being a 5 on the enneagram scale, I dig deeper.

Seems harmless doesn't it?  That you get your value and worth from God.  I used to say things like this all the time.  And honestly, if you still vibe with that, great.  Especially if you do have a hard time feeling valuable and of worth.  If believing you are a child of God and that gives you value is crucial to you, don't change anything.

So why do I have a probably with Joyce's message?  She said we can't give others feelings of worth and value.  And we can't feel those things from others.  That's one of the biggest hurtful lies I've ever heard in my entire life.  Joyce, why don't you try a little harder to build someone up.  Let them know that you value them and they are worth being a friend to.  We suffer so much agony because we try to feel a sense of worth and value from people.  God can only give you that.  If you are a christian, the bible calls you to love people.  Joyce Meyer claims to be a christian.  Loving someone should include treating them in a way that tells them they are valuable and worthy.  But even then, as loving as you are, they might still not receive the message.  That's not on you.  You can only do so much.  So does god make up the rest if you can't do it for others? Not a guarantee.

For years I felt a sense of worthlessness and that I wasn't valued.  Still do sometimes.  But since I stopped relying on God to give those good feels to me, I've felt valued and worthy by others.  Imagine that.   The exact opposite of what Joyce says.

Now, I realize she speaks to a certain audience.  So whoever makes these memes and shares them publicly, stop.  If you know someone that could use this message, share it with them.  Because guys like me along with so many other people read them and it pushes us further away from this type of feel good christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment