Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bonus material.

I'm honestly seeking God.  Asking God to make herself clear to me. Undeniably clear.  I would think God is powerful enough to do that right?   If someone is sliding down a very slick slide of disbelief.  You could even say dangling off the edge of a cliff.  What if they let go and chose a path of atheism.   Especially if this person grew up hearing about the love and compassion of God.  That doesn't sound very loving and compassionate for god to not reach out and pull me up.   I've even heard songs..."Just reach out, and He will reach in."   Bonus points if you know the artist.  Christians are telling you, reach for God.  Seek God.  But what if God never shows up?  And because I've been either misled by humans or God doesn't reach in...I go to hell?

Some even say I'm not looking for god the right way.  Well, what way is the right way?  See, cause i've seen enough for me to believe according to you.  But yet here I am.  With all these questions and doubts about church and how we view god.  So who's right?  And why doesn't god, if she cares so much, clue me in on her existence in a way I'd know for sure.

Or maybe it will be at the bottom of the ravine, with my body splattered all over the rocks that I find god.  Or my soul will find god, embracing me.  Saying this was the only way I could get your attention.  You are one stubborn son of a bitch.    I'm sorry that those people that claim to know me have so tarnished everything about me it was difficult for you.  Welcome home.

I'm not saying I'm figuratively going to hang off a cliff and wait for God to save me.  Like that stupid cartoon about the guy drowning expecting god to save him.  And a boat comes by and he says it's not god.  then the life raft floats by and he says it's not god.  and he dies and asks god where were you?  God says I was in the man in the boat.  I was the life raft.  I can't believe you didn't see that.  Hell for you....so sorry.  SERIOUSLY?!?!   God couldn't have sent a talking dolphin?  God would rather see me go to hell?!?!    But maybe that cartoon doesn't end in the man drowning going to hell. Again, maybe the man is embraced by god.

Or maybe god is found in those out helping people in need.  those that cannot help themselves.  I've heard it said in conservative circles...God only helps those that help themselves.  Yeah.....that's bullshit.  Sorry, not sorry.

That's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment