Tuesday, April 5, 2016

part two

Of the one I started earlier today.  But that one was a dead horse.  Maybe.  I'm sure you could find it if you wanted to.  It's posted right below this one.

This will be a short one.  Maybe.  I only did a little digging before I got pretty pissed.  Yesterday I talked a little about how a pastor may be limited in what he/she cannot say for fear of losing income for his family.  And it got me thinking.  What does the bible say about pastors?  And I realized there was no way possible to dig up everything.  I will NOT read one or two verses and assume it's truth.  But I'll do my best to remember.

It says pastors must be faithful to one wife.  And devoted to their family first.  So, their caution in what they can or can't say is ok (but not). They are thinking about feeding their family.

 I was doing some reading how most churches wouldn't hire a single pastor.  Says they won't have the church at the front of their priority list.  That they'll succumb to sexual advances more easily or they're gay.   That's bullshit.  Look at Paul!!!!   HE WAS SINGLE.  And half the time I think people drool over the words of Paul more than they do the words of Jesus!   Yet, a single pastor.  No way.  Can't have that.  No way could they ever relate or understand family life.  Or maybe they do, that's why they are single.  Maybe they don't want to put any other potential distraction above work for the Lord and they're not inflamed with passion and can't control their body.

But it also says that leading a family is an important part of being a pastor.  So which one is it? If it's both, why do we not see more single pastors?    If the divorce rate in the church was zero......but it's not.  It's just as high as it is outside the church.  Maybe it's the emphasis they place on marriage.  Everyone is doing it.  We might as well too.  I have heard from so many people that they feel like an outcast if they are a young adult and not married.  There are some exceptions in churches.  The ones that actually listen to the needs of the congregation.

Ok...this one felt so disorganized.  Kind of rushed and forced.  So did the stuff I wrote earlier.

I don't write all these things for me.  All these things I write about, the church, that's not why I choose not to go.  But they are a lot of people that left church because of these things.  Don't believe me?  Look around.  Ask around.  Not many people talk about it, but many people think about it.  Good thing for me I don't have a problem bringing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment