Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sleeping on the floor

This morning I was lying on the floor of the check-in area of American Airlines at JFK International airport.  I was cold, the floor was hard and I hadn't slept in 24 hours.  And If I couldn't sleep, it would be another 16 hours till I could sleep again.  

And then I realized there are people that sleep on cold, hard floors everynight.  That is their normal.  Not ideal, but it's all they have.  And we have mega church pastors living in 20,000 square foot mansions.  We have 200,000 square foot church campuses and a church that has a bull riding arena inside of it.  And people in this world sleep on cold, hard floors because it's all they have.  

I'm not going to commence a rant on the misuse of tithe money and a tax exempt status.  I'm going to question whether american christians really are pro-life or not.  Cause I don't think they are.  They rail about how the government misuses tax money or they don't want their tax money to fund this or that.  But if the government doesn't fund social programs, no one will.  The church clearly is missing the ball on that one.  

I am thankful for those that do care for the least of these.  And I will continue to support their efforts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment