Monday, April 25, 2016

The people you meet...

Last night we stayed at Heartline Guesthouse in Port au Prince.  It is very nice here.  They take VERY good care of  you.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again given the opportunity.   We met a few people here that are visiting the children they are going to adopt for the first time.  It was very cool hearing their story.  It was also their first time visiting haiti as well.  

What blows my mind is the patience they have for the amount of time it takes to adopt a child from haiti.  They've been in the process at least three years now or longer.  I don't know why it takes so long.  I certainly hope there is a good explanation.  But in my simple mind, if a child is without parents and someone is cleared to adopt, why the delay in the process?  

I really had a great time in Haiti.  Especially having my wife join me for the first time and my brother in law Brian along.  Even though I enjoy the visit, I miss my kids.  There will soon be a day we can bring them down to experience this culture and the beautiful people.  They would have so much fun playing with the children here.  

I also layed some groundwork to bring people down here that may not have the opportunity to go with a larger group.  If this is something you are interested in, let me know.  


No comments:

Post a Comment