Thursday, April 7, 2016

Time is running out.

For real.  This morning I felt like I got hit by a truck.  And then when I did roll out of bed, because I read a post on Facebook about a reaction to a John Piper quote I had to go and get in on that action, I got a hellacious nose bleed that took about half hour for it to fully stop.  Worst one I've had in a while.

One of the great uses of Facebook and Twitter in the last days, will be to prove that lack of prayer wasn't because we didn't have any time.  -John Piper

I've only heard the name John Piper before.  I'm assuming he's some big christian leader.  I just don't see how this quote helps anyone.  I only see it as producing even more guilt onto someone that already feels their prayer life isn't good enough.  Perhaps in a one on one conversation with a friend who admitted that their prayer life was suffering.  And you knew that they were on social media several times an hour all day long, maybe you could say it.  If you can't see how what he said can be hurtful (I know, some of the things I say may come across as hurtful too) I'd be more than happy to explain it to you.  

I wasn't going to write about anything church related today.  And the thing I was going to write about was the struggles of infertility.  I won't be able to do that in the few minutes I have here. But maybe tomorrow.

Have a nice day.  Don't feel guilty about how much time you spend on social media.  Unless you should.  Still don't feel guilty about it.  Just ask if it's worth it.  Is it adding to your life, or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment