Wednesday, April 27, 2016

traffic.

I'm posting all my posts here to drive traffic to my blog.  

My 4 year old son asked me where Heaven was during lunch today.  I had to pause and think about this one.  I told him Heaven wasn't a place.  Heaven meant loving others.  It meant being kind to each other.  Caring for those that can't care for themselves.  Caring for those just because it's the right thing to do.  Heaven is being patient and understanding of others.  

This morning he was angry and hit his sister.  So he got punished.  His punishment was not being able to watch tv the rest of the day.  After lunch when I sat down to watch one of my shows and he said I wasn't being very loving because we weren't watching his shows.  I explained that I was actually showing grace because at least he's allowed to watch MacGyver. 

He's taking his punishment very well.  I'm sure later he'll earn some time to watch octonauts.  Mostly because I want to close my eyes for a bit.  

Do you know why I don't tell him that Heaven is where Jesus is and that's where we go when we die? Because I don't know.  I don't want to fill his head with things I don't know are true.  I want him to grow up being heaven for others.  I think this is what God had in mind. For us to bring heaven to earth.  To be a reflection of love.  

I don't want him growing up being taught about Jesus.  So Jesus fits conveniently inside this pretty little box.  

So many christians today are way to educated and not transformed.  You can sit around learning and learning and learning and learning and if it never moves you to care for the hurting and oppressed....the love of God is not in you.  Oh...that's biblical. 


No comments:

Post a Comment